Sunday, July 10, 2011

Introduction--READ THIS FIRST


I just love the Sims. I've played since the original Sims, and have decided to start a blog to narrate the unique way I like to play the Sims 3. I play the game as an entire town, or rather, about 16 core families that I've created- I love the variation this allows, being able to see my characters interact, and feel as though it brings an element of realism to the game. Plus, I like variety. It's just like a real town. Sims blogs seem to be becoming more popular, I know I enjoy them, so I figured I would start this blog to track the lives of my little Sim people. 

One thing to note is that I play my Sims on the Epic setting (actually its even longer since getting Generations ;))- meaning that their lives are more or less 1000 days long. Yea, I know, sounds crazy, but with the way I play it is necessary.  I like to flesh out each of my characters, make them real, and since I change households so much, it works out.  I switch households usually every 1 or 2 days, (there isn't really a particular order), and the events occur in consecutive order of when I post each blog.  *Please read the blog in order, or the stories won't make as much sense.* I post in the order that I play, so stories may build on each other.  My intentions are to make my stories similair to real life, not make them the loudest or the most dramatic. I write these stories for me, and I wrote them before anyone was watching.
So, check out my Sims and their stories, if you'd like. I hope you enjoy! :)

*Note: Since starting this blog and reading others, I've learned a bunch about camera angles and the like, but I backpost my gameplay probably by about a month- so in future posts, I will be using pictures from screenshots, not memories, and the pictures will be a whole lot better. :)

*Another note. Yeesh. Come and like my facebook page for the Sims of Rosedale, there's an awesome Meet the Families section that I'm working on, where you can meet each family up close before reading about them. Thanks! http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Sims-of-Rosedale/167920276607343#!/pages/The-Sims-of-Rosedale/167920276607343

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link to your blog, have enjoyed reading it so far! I really like stories that going into the lives of their characters, and have a particular fondness for multi-family stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you soo much Michelle! I've been busy the last few weeks, but have gotten finally gotten in some playing time, and more chapters are coming very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really awesome...I caught your link while I was pimping my 100 baby challenge blog out on the Sims 3 Facebook page! I am definitely going to read, it might take me awhile, but it sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thanks Cassie! We all do our share of pimping on the sims facebook page, haha! I'd love to hear your comments after you read it! I'm still introducing families so all is pretty calm, but I have lots of drama in store! ;)

    ReplyDelete